Signed in as:
Signed in as:
Winner of the 2020 NCANL Volunteer of Year Award.
Uche Okuleye has seen many sides of the NCANL, and he’s been a outstanding volunteer during the last year. He has been an active volunteer on several committees including as the Program Manager of the 2020 Nigeria Week planning committee and Secretary of the Caretaker Committee. As Program Manager of the 2020 Nigeria Week planning committee, he successfully coordinated the planning and delivery of the array of events during the Nigeria Week including the Visit to the Government House, movie night, sports, cooking competition, etc. The success of the program generated widespread visibility (both locally and across the globe) and revenue for the NCANL Inc. He also helped coordinate the NCANL annual food drive which generated lots of food items and funds for contribution to the Community Food Sharing Association of NL, and members of the NCANL in need. He has also been instrumental in promoting NCANL's programs and events, reaching out to her network on various social media platforms, as well as personally.
Despite his busy schedules while working as an Engineer, where he has gained experience of working in a diverse team, Uche constantly promotes NCANL's values, exemplifies the true Nigerian spirit, and makes sure NCANL is seen as a valuable cohesive community group in the society. We are grateful for his continued commitment and numerous contributions. Uche is the first recipient of this award since its inception.
The Volunteer of the Year Recognition Program was designed to recognize and honor an outstanding individual who is selflessly volunteering their time, talent and energy within the NCANL community. This individual is making a significant contribution to the NCANL community through commitment, service, creativity, cooperation and leadership in their volunteer role(s). For the purposes of this award, volunteering is defined as:
We believe that such individuals should be recognized and awarded in a way that publicly expresses NCANL's gratitude and appreciation.
The Volunteer of the Year recipient will receive a framed certificate of the award bearing the NCANL Logo and signed by the President and Chair of the Board of Directors
The Volunteer of the Year should exemplify the following requirements:
1. Identification: Must be a registered member
2. Benefit to the NCANL community as evidenced by;
· Ongoing consistent contribution throughout the year
· Response to a specific identified need
· Leading an initiative/program/development cycle
· Other submitted description
3. Commitment: Nominee is reliable and demonstrates a strong commitment to NCANL
4. Contribution is beyond the normal expectations of a community member’s role.
Examples of contributions can be, but not limited to:·
5. Leadership: Nominee takes initiative to help others around them, identifies opportunities for improvement and constructively makes recommendations to the
6. Members of the Executive Committee and Board members are not eligible.
Your written submission can be from yourself or others, and must include the following:
· Time period for recognition
· Specific activities
· Benefit that community derived from these activities
· Anticipated impact, if applicable.
Sign up below to be in the know of the next opening for this prestigious award for 2021.
Learn more about our upcoming events, fundraisers, and more!